Course content: research, experimentation and developing personal work
Our advanced leisure art course consists of approximately 30 hours of study and involves a number of assignments made up of carefully structured, practical drawing or painting projects.
Aimed at more experienced artists, the Level 3 leisure art class is concerned with revealing a more personal approach to the act of painting and drawing. Elements from work produced in Level 1 and 2 will be used to develop a more individual approach and style.
A number of themes will be set for the advanced art classes from Draw and Paint Online on which you can research and anchor your ideas. The course will involve:
- Gathering information and researching your chosen subject
- Experimenting with techniques, skills, processes, approaches and methods in relation to your research
- Developing expanding and opening out your ideas in relation to your chosen subject
- Creating a final piece of work based around one of the chosen themes, realised either in a drawing or painting medium.
You will be expected to:
- Apply traditional skills, techniques, theories and experimental approaches to painting and drawing, using a variety of materials
- Adopt and develop an individual approach and method of working that has its roots in observation, expression or analytical work
- Place your own work in an art historical context
At the end of the course, you will have engaged in a visual and practical experience that will provide you with an insight into your own creative potential and direction.
Level 3 in the leisure art course, costs only £148.00 and includes personal tuition and feedback from Peter Stanyer, our experienced art tutor.